It's a Real Picnic Around Here!!

BY MICHELLE NOWAK, EVENT PRODUCER, GOOD GRACIOUS! EVENTS


With the recent change in day-light savings time, spring is in full blossom, and we've been emersed recently planning baby showers, wedding showers, wine tasting, jazz brunches, and so on.... one thing they've all seemed to have in common... "we want sort of a light, airy, casual, but still chic and classy PICNIC feel! I LOVE a picnic as much as the rest. We all know summer as been known for BBQ's, Seafood Clam Bakes, Pool Parties and Wedding Season hysteria, so as we saddle up for the summer months I say we embrace this Spring Fling and Have a Picnic... here's a few ideas!




We get asked a lot for boxed lunches and always coming up with new cute ways to serve and and easy for transport. A delicious grilled chicken served over a bed of spring vegetable cous cous, tomato and black olive frisee three cheese tartlet, and bite of petite berry pies for sweetness.



I don't know about you, but with this recent shall I say obsession with Pinterest ( okay I admit it I'm a bit addicted myself) I'm finding even my clients are getting more creative and cutsey with their recent decor ideas.


Recently we did a corporate wine tasting family style - serving a picnic menu at Malibu Tasting Room. Long tables, Mason jars served as pasta/salad bowls and Verterra Plates for a place setting. Simple and Sweet.




I was in a trial-run mood for Summer Parties and I got creative for a recent friends birthday. I saved us all the calories on the birthday cake and went straight for the Prosecco and Ciao Bella Gelato Pops! Yes it really is as good as it looks. And not to mention will work brilliantly at your next soiree!

On a recent picnic with friends to the beach, strawberry mint salsa and homeade tortillas, accompanied with truffle popcorn, so easy and delightful to share with friends. If you're looking for a good healthy cocktail, Pressed Juicery in Santa Monica/Brentwood has amazing fresh squeezed juices about as healthy as you can get, well that is before you add a little bubbly:) 7 Greens and Pineapple, Ginger,and mint are just a few of my favs.


A wedding we did in Malibu decided to have a surf and turf Lobster dinner. We served up grilled lobster, filet mignon, fingerling potatoes and grilled yellow corn and squash. Perfection!!

My mom always used to tell me "it's a real picnic around here" you bet it is!! Okay twist my arm, even I took a few days up to Santa Ynez recently for a little picnic of my own, Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOUSE OF OMURICE BY SUNNY SIDE UP - KOTA KASABLANKA

Casa Vertigo Re-Launch Highlight Film

Saine Daise Bistro - PIK