You Put a Spell on Me


A night at home can be magical -- an opportunity to cast a spell or two.

Here is how inspiration hits me. I had been looking for a good reason to have a party (always am!) and one day while I was out shopping I found The Good Spell book. One of the most important elements of any party for me is that I find a way to connect with my guests and to connect them with one another. So when I saw this book I knew the dinner party would have to allow for all the guests to talk about their dreams then cast a spell for love, happiness or peace.

I helped get things on the way by choosing a couple spells I thought everyone would like and filling small bags with all the necessary ingredients for casting them. The spells I chose were for love. This is after all a "good" spell book so no evil hexes would be going on!

I set the table with one color in mind -- red. It's such a dynamic color for a party, especially one in which you want a lot of interaction.

Drunken Tomatoes...a very fun way to begin any evening! Guests first dip a baby heirloom tomato in sherry, then in a mixture of chili or zatar.


The menu,while simple, was complex in flavor. For the first course I served a Trio of Tapas -- Blonde Gazpacho, Eggplant with Manchego Chorizo Ragu and Paella Cake Grilled Shrimp

And, in keeping with my red theme, a sparkling Sangria served in red vintage glasses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOUSE OF OMURICE BY SUNNY SIDE UP - KOTA KASABLANKA

Casa Vertigo Re-Launch Highlight Film

Saine Daise Bistro - PIK